DATA SHARING AND
PPP NETWORKING SESSION
The session focuses on data sharing and integration along the whole Big Data Value chain.
In this session, participants will get a good overview on how the BDV PPP projects and initiatives are addressing data sharing and data integration. Speakers will show through real and simple cases how they are advancing in overcoming some barriers to foster exchange, linking, re-use and integration of data assets from different sectors and across languages and formats.
To ensure valuable big data analytics outcomes, the incoming data is expected to be of a high quality, what stresses the importance of addressing many challenges in data management and the need of exploring the economic opportunities in Data integration.
Data sharing is seen as an important enabler in the data economy, stressing the need of overcoming legal, technical, interoperability and societal barriers in particular in cross-border scenarios. A reflection is needed in the ways and reasons to share data, and, in stimulating “out-of-the-box” thinking in supporting companies in the data sharing process.
Big data value chain, trusted data sharing environment, cross-border and cross lingual data sharing and integration, data integration, data economy.
SESSION SPEAKERS / CONTRIBUTORS
Opening remarks (Ana Garcia Robles, BDVA Secretary General) (presentation)
BDVA i-Spaces (Roberta Turra, CINECA, i-Spaces team) (presentation)
DataPitch (Johanna Walker, University of Southampton) (presentation)
Insights from the PPP projects (cases and discussion):
- EWShopp project, Matteo Palmonari, Assistant Professor, Department of Informatics, Systems and Communication, University of Milan-Bicocca (presentation)
- euBusinessGraph project, Dumitru Roman, SINTEF (presentation)
- AEGIS project by Yury Glikman, Digital Public Services at Fraunhofer FOKUS (presentation)
- SLIPO project, Giorgos Giannopoulos, Athena RC (presentation)
- Data sharing and integration for Maritime Applications - Challenges and Opportunities, Spyros Mouzakitis, NTUA (BigDataOcean Project) (presentation)
- QROWD project: Involving humans in the big data loop, Tomas Pariente Lobo, ATOS (presentation)
- Fashion BRAIN project (Representative fashion BRAIN)
Closing remarks (Johanna Walker, University of Southampton)